Privacy & Policy
The Redeemed Christian Church of God was Established in 1952, with presence in over 190 countries of the world. RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK is a Charitable Company registered with the Charity Commission (Charity No. 1099911).
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when RCCG UK collects and uses your personal information. Please endeavour to read this notice carefully, and if there are further enquiries about data protection and privacy policies, please contact our Central Office Team:
Address: RCCG Liberty Christians Connections (LCC), Liberty House, 1 Clarks Road, Ilford, IG1 1UT
Phone: 020 8171 1030 or Email: email@example.com
All data subjects whose data is processed by RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK.
Our responsibility is to ensure that this notice is made available to potential data subjects prior to collecting/processing their personal data.
All Central Office Staff who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
- Our Promise
RCCG UK is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018. The GDPR will strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
- We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Register for RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK events;
- Make a donation;
- Join our passionate volunteer workforce including serving as valuable trustees for RCCG local parishes;
- Apply for a job to join our fantastic team;
- Work for us as a contractor;
- Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information;
- Sign up to join our covenant partners;
- Apply to take a course at one of our RCCG Schools
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Complete an application form for any of our services;
- Complete a survey;
- Are a Pastor/Parish Pastor, an Ordained Minister, a volunteer (worker) in a local Parish or a member of a local Parish.
From other sources:
- We may use the Google or other search engines, Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address or data we hold;
- Information made available publicly by Charity Commission, Companies House or information that has been published in newspapers and articles.
- Fair Processing Notice
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation:
Personal Data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Sensitive Personal Data
- The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
- RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK is a Church committed to preserving its Christian ethos and its beliefs in accordance with our statement of faith (further details are available on our website libertyconnections.org). Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your personal faith.
- Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disability you have disclosed so we can meet any additional customer service requirements.
- We also receive prayer requests, and the information may reveal sensitive personal data. As a praying church, we may share and pray for these needs at our internal prayer sessions.
- We will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- For the administration of our network of Parishes and to carry out our primary objective which is to advance the Christian Faith and the Relief of Poverty. The benefit of being on our correspondence list is that you get information about our outreach events, training for both spiritual and physical development and real-time information on how we are reaching out to our community and responding to your queries and acknowledging the donations you make. You may also get a notification on Prayer and Fasting Programmes, notification on consultations that affect the Christian Faith, notification of other events on the Christian Calendar globally.
- To process your partnership donations (if applicable) and any other donations.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- To verify that you are over 18 and if not, obtain permission from your parent/guardian to process your information or accept any regular donations.
- To enable us to take greater care when engaging with our senior citizens
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and publicity campaigns.
- To keep you informed about our activities. Please see more details in the Marketing Permissions section.
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information.
- To manage and coordinate our volunteers.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
How RCCG UK Central Office uses your information
- RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK will process – that means to collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases, RCCG UK Central Office will use its discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
- Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
- We may pass your personal data on to our service providers who are contracted to RCCG UK Central Office in the course of dealing with you. Our contractors are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf such as registration or payment processing. Once your service needs has been satisfied, or the case has been closed, they will dispose of the details in line with our record retention If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so.
- We love sharing news about what God is doing through RCCG in the UK and the resources including events organised to advance our primary objectives. This includes sending you information about our work, news, events, information on volunteering and prayer requests.
- Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
- Postal marketing:
From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have given us permission to do so.
- Telephone marketing:
We may call to update you on the vital work we are doing. If you have registered your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), we will only make marketing calls to you if you have given us permission to do so.
- By consenting to this, you are giving us permission to perform those actions.
- RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
- Calling our communications team on 020 8514 0145
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication or text message we send.
Who We Share Your Information With
RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK is part of the global RCCG family with presence in over 190 countries both inside the European Union and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will only share personal information of ordained ministers as is necessary to fulfil our administrative needs for ordained ministers in RCCG Worldwide.
RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK is committed to ensuring that where data is to be transferred overseas, adequate levels of data protection safeguards when processing your personal information are in place.
We may also share your personal information with trusted third parties where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts which obligate our partners or third-party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK and any of its affiliate entities may be under a duty to disclose your personal information where required in order to comply with any legal obligation.
How Long We Keep Your Data
RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
Your Information Rights And Choices
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK holds about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK.
- To request RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies, RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK uses so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
Reporting Concerns or Compliments
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
RCCG Liberty Christians Connections Ilford, UK will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide prominent notice on our website or send a notification. This notice was last updated in May 2018.
Thank you for your continued support to the work of God through RCCG in the United Kingdom
Here is a brief overview of the types of cookies we use on our websites:
- We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and for other reasonable uses. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
- Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this
- Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
- We publish Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on our website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser, your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.]
- Cookies to improve your experience: we use a small number of cookies on our website to help you get the best experience.
We embed YouTube films on our website regularly. We are unable to prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services, then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information, for example, number of views, plays, loads etc.
How to Manage Your Cookie Settings
Many web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will allow some control over cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Acceptance of Cookie Use